[Devel] Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

Chris Friesen cfriesen at nortel.com
Tue Oct 31 08:33:14 PST 2006

Pavel Emelianov wrote:
> Paul Jackson wrote:

> I agree, but you've cut some importaint questions away,
> so I ask them again:
>
>  > What if if user creates a controller (configfs directory)
>  > and doesn't remove it at all. Should controller stay in
>  > memory even if nobody uses it?
>
> This is importaint to solve now - wether we want or not to
> keep "empty" beancounters in memory. If we do not then configfs
> usage is not acceptible.

I can certainly see scenarios where we would want to keep "empty"
beancounters around.

For instance, I move all the tasks out of a group but still want to be
able to obtain stats on how much cpu time the group has used.

Maybe we can do that without persisting the actual beancounters...I'm
not familiar enough with the code to say.

Chris