[Devel] Re: [Q] missing unused dentry in prune_dcache()?

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 05:11:21 PDT 2006

Vasily Averin <vvs at sw.ru> wrote:

> >> Therefore I believe that my patch is optimal solution.
> > I'm not sure that prune_dcache() is particularly optimal.
>
> I means that my patch is optimal for problem in subject.

I didn't say it wasn't.

> I would like to ask you to approve it and we will go to next issue.

I did ack it didn't I?  I must fix my mail client so that it doesn't
automatically remove my email address from the To/Cc fields when I'm replying
to a message:-/

> We have seen that umount (and remount) can work very slowly, it was cycled
> inside shrink_dcache_sb() up to several hours with taken s_umount semaphore.

umount at least should be fixed as that should no longer use
shrink_dcache_sb().

> We are trying to resolve this issue by using per-sb lru list. I'm preparing
> the patch for 2.6.19-rc3 right now and going to send it soon.

That sounds tricky; you have to check all your LRU lists to find the LRU
dentry.

David