[Devel] Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

David Rientjes rientjes at cs.washington.edu
Thu Nov 2 17:29:32 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Pavel Emelianov wrote:

> So if we're going to have different groupings for different
> resources what's the use of "container" grouping all "controllers"
> together? I see this situation like each task_struct carries
> pointers to kmemsize controller, pivate pages controller,
> physical pages controller, CPU time controller, disk bandwidth
> controller, etc. Right? Or did I miss something?

My understanding is that the only addition to the task_struct is a pointer
to the struct container it belongs to.  Then, the various controllers can
register the control files through the fs-based container interface and
all the manipulation can be done at that level.  Having each task_struct
containing pointers to individual resource nodes was never proposed.

		David