[Devel] Ext3 bug?

Roman Kagan rkagan at sw.ru
Wed May 17 06:43:41 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:45:43AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:
> I am testing 2.6.16-026test009 on VMware 5.5
> and noticed (maybe) one bug.
>
> Ext3 recovering causes immediate rebooting.
>
> I dont know which is wrong , VMware or your code or maybe me.
> Just FYI.

This is no info at all :(

Can you please do the following:

1) set up a serial port in your VM, and connect it to a file

2) configure serial console by appending

    console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 debug

   to the kernel commandline (in grub.conf or whatever boot method
   you're using)

3) reproduce the problem and send in the resulting console log (the file
   your VM's serial port was attached to).

BTW does it boot with the kernel bundled with your distro?

Thanks,
  Roman.