[Devel] Re: [patch 3/4] Network namespaces: IPv4 FIB/routing in namespaces

Andrey Savochkin saw at swsoft.com
Wed Jun 28 07:30:15 PDT 2006

Daniel,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 03:51:32PM +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> > Andrey Savochkin wrote:
> >
> >> Structures related to IPv4 rounting (FIB and routing cache)
> >> are made per-namespace.
>
> Hi Andrey,
>
> if the ressources are private to the namespace, how do you will handle
> NFS mounted before creating the network namespace ? Do you take care of
> that or simply assume you can't access NFS anymore ?

This is a question that brings up another level of interaction between
networking and the rest of kernel code.
Solution that I use now makes the NFS communication part always run in
the root namespace.  This is discussable, of course, but it's a far more
complicated matter than just device lists or routing :)

Best regards

Andrey