[Devel] Re: [RFC][patch 1/4] Network namespaces: cleanup of dev_base list use

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Tue Jun 27 09:54:45 PDT 2006

Kirill Korotaev <dev at sw.ru> writes:

> This doesn't support anything. e.g. I caught quite a lot of bugs after Ingo
> Molnar, but this doesn't make his code "poor". People are people.
> Anyway, I would be happy to see the typo.

Look up thread.  You replied to the message where I commented on it.

There are two ways to argue this.
- It is the linux kernel development style to do small simple
  obviously patches that copy the maintainer of the code you are
  changing.
- Explain why that is the style.

The basic idea is that on a simple patch that is well described, it is
trivial to check and trivial to verify.

Eric