[Devel] RE: Container Test Campaign

Marc E. Fiuczynski mef at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jun 23 00:40:34 PDT 2006

> > (each machine usually with a 2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM).
>
> is that a common setup for planet lab or a maximum ?

We are working to upgrade to dual-core 3Ghz sysems w/ 4GB of RAM.

> how many vservers/ vcontext do you think we should try to reach ?

As mentioned in our paper, we run anywhere from 30-90 on a single box.

> Did you contribute that feature to vserver ?

Yes (Mark Huang @ Princeton) added this feature as a kernel module that
interfaces with vserver.

> So you have different containers exposing the same IP address ? How do you
> assign incoming packets to a container ?

I'll let Mark Huang provide further details.

Marc