[Devel] RE: Container Test Campaign

Marc E. Fiuczynski mef at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jun 21 12:25:04 PDT 2006

Hello Clement,

Sorry for the late response, as I have been on vacation.

We are interested in this test campaign.  Our work so far has focused on
performance, scalability, and isolation properties of vserver compared with
xen.  My guess is that you cc'd me due to the posting of our paper comparing
vserver with xen (attached for those of you who have not seen it yet).  In
what way can be participate/contribute (i.e., where do we start)?  We could
share our test setup (except SpecWeb 99) that we used for our paper with
everyone. Also, we'd appreciate if the folks participating in this test
campaign could skim our paper and give us some feedback wrt the evaluation
section and the appendix where we describe in reasonable the kernel vars,
lvm partition setup, etc., we've used to eliminate differences between
systems.

Best regards,
Marc