[Devel] UnionFS bug

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Mon Jun 5 04:21:06 PDT 2006

Can you put the patches you applied to OVZ kernel somewhere, so we could
apply them and try to reproduce?
Also, if possible upload vmlinux from you kernel somewhere as well, so
we could decode the calltraces and find the oops reason.

> I guess there is bug between OpenVZ and UnionFS.
> I dont know which side is wrong (OpenVZ or UnionFS),
> but anyway, it has bug. See the log attached.
>
> The key point is, it has no problem if you dont mount /proc,
> but once you mount it, even just doing "ls -la" hangs.
>
> Version:
> 2.6.16-026test009
> unionfs-20060529-2327
>

> BTW, I feel there also bug in ext3 jornaling recovery.
> ( Not ext3 itself, but jbd recovery).
> I can not find out the condition of the problem so far,
> but I have seen many times that recovering locks the kernel.
> In all of such cases, there is no message, just hangs.
Does Alt-SysRq-P and AltSysRq-T works when it hangs?
Can you press these keys and collect the output?

Thanks,
Kirill