[Devel] Re: [patch 4/4] Network namespaces: playing and debugging

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Mon Jun 26 10:29:57 PDT 2006

>>>Do
>>>	exec 7< /proc/net/net_ns
>>>in your bash shell and you'll get a brand new network namespace.
>>>There you can, for example, do
>>>	ip link set lo up
>>>	ip addr list
>>>	ip addr add 1.2.3.4 dev lo
>>>	ping -n 1.2.3.4

Andrey,

I began to play with your patchset. I am able to connect to 127.0.0.1
from different namespaces. Is it the expected behavior ?
Furthermore, I am not able to have several programs, running in
different namespaces, to bind to the same INADDR_ANY:port.

Will these features be included in the second patchset ?

>>Is it possible to setup a network device to communicate with the outside ?
>

> Such device was planned for the second patchset :)
> I perhaps can send the patch tomorrow.

Cool :)