[Devel] Re: Container Test Campaign

Clément Calmels clement.calmels at fr.ibm.com
Wed Jul 12 09:31:25 PDT 2006

Le mardi 11 juillet 2006 à 13:18 +0400, Kirill Korotaev a écrit :
> > Some updates on
> > http://lxc.sourceforge.net/bench/
> >
> > New design, results of the stable version of openvz added, clearer
> > figures.
> >

> 1. are 2.6.16 OVZ results still for CFQ disk scheduler?

This tests are currently in progress... for the moment, it seems that
the anticipatory io scheduler improves performance a lot.

> 2. there is definetely something unclean in your testing as
>   vserver and MCR makes dbench faster than vanilla :))

Couldn't some test be faster inside a container than with a Vanilla? For
example if I want to dump all files in /proc, obviously inside a light
container it will be faster because /proc visibility is limited to the
container session. Just to be clear:

r3-21:~ # find /proc/ | wc -l
4213
r3-21:~ # mcr-execute -j1 -- find /proc/ | wc -l
729

I'm not sure and I'm still investigating. I'm now adding Oprofile to all
tests to have more information. If you know technical reasons that imply
different results, let me know. Help welcome!

--
Clément Calmels <clement.calmels at fr.ibm.com>