[Vserver] Re: [Devel] Container Test Campaign

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Wed Jul 5 05:31:59 PDT 2006

Clément Calmels wrote:

> I don't do this first because I didn't want to get test nodes wasting
> their time rebooting instead of running test. What do you think of
> something like this:
> o reboot
> o run dbench (or wathever) X times
> o reboot

[ ... ]

> I can split the "launch a guest" part into 2 parts:
> o guest creation
> o reboot
> o guest start-up
> Do you feel comfortable with that?

we need to add a methodology page or similar on

	http://lxc.sourceforge.net/bench/

first page is a bit rough for the moment.

>>> -The results are the average value of several iterations of each set of
>>> these kind of tests.
>> Hope you do not recompile the kernels before the iterations (just to
>> speed things up).
>>>  I will try to update the site with the numbers of
>>> iterations behind each values.
>>>
>> Would be great to have that data (as well as the results of the
>> individual iterations, and probably graphs for the individual iterations
>> -- to see the "warming" progress, discrepancy between iterations,
>> degradation over iterations (if that takes place) etc).
>
> I will try to get/show those datas.

this data is already rougly available :

http://lxc.sourceforge.net/bench/r3/dbenchraw
http://lxc.sourceforge.net/bench/r3/tbenchraw
etc.

is that what you are thinking about ?

>>> - All binaries are always build in the test node.
>>>
>> I assuming you are doing your tests on the same system (i.e. same
>> compiler/libs/whatever else), and you do not change that system over
>> time (i.e. you do not upgrade gcc on it in between the tests).
>
> I hope! :)

all host nodes are described here :

	http://lxc.sourceforge.net/bench/r3/r3.html

may be add the list of installed packages ?

thanks,

C.