[Vserver] Re: [Devel] Container Test Campaign

Cedric Le Goater clg at fr.ibm.com
Tue Jul 4 08:45:23 PDT 2006

Kir Kolyshkin wrote:

> In case you are testing performance (but not, say, isolation), you can
> definitely set all the UBCs to unlimited values (i.e. both barrier and
> limit for each parameter should be set to MAX_LONG). The only issues is
> with vmguarpages parameter, because this is a guarantee but not limit --
> but unless you are doing something weird it should be OK to set to to
> MAX_LONG as well.

that's something we're interested in also. How well the isolation criteria
are met ? This will be the next campaign.

do you happen to have some material in the field ? anything to contribute
to LTP ? that would be useful to test the patchsets we are all trying to
push in -mm and mainline.

thanks,

C.