[Devel] vzmemcheck displays wrong values?

Martin Braun m.braun at blixserver.net
Tue Feb 21 05:19:42 PST 2006

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> i looked at the output of vzmemcheck and realized something
>> wired, the allocated Memory, shown in 'free' is much lower
>> than shown in 'vzmemcheck'. I will look into the code if i
>> find time for that. Here is a sample:
>>
>> http://nopaste.unixfreunde.de/show.php?id=891
> vzmemcheck doesn't show free.
> Can you point to the numbers in the picture which make you worry?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill

Okay, maybe its a misunderstanding, i worry about the following:

veid  LowMem  LowMem     RAM    MemSwap MemSwap   Alloc   Alloc   Alloc
       util    commit     util   util    commit    util    commit  limit

3     3.35    34.01      150.99 150.99  1248.72   579.61  290.00 1057.99

so, VPS 3 has a committed allocation of 290MB (65535 Pages) and a
allocation limit of 1057MB (262140 Pages). If i look at the allocation
utilization it shows me 579MB, but according to 'free' the machine has
390MB RAM used, so am i wrong with my supposition that 'Alloc util' is
the total RAM used? Or is 'RAM util' the determining factor for the
_real_ memory consumption?

Thanks

--
Martin Braun