[Devel] Re: seems to be a flaw in cfq

Vasily Tarasov vtaras at openvz.org
Thu Dec 21 01:59:58 PST 2006

Hello, Jens,

Sorry for late answer.
The situation is the following:

direct seqread
(2.6.18) - reproducable
(2.6.20-rc1) - reproducable
(2.6.20-rc1 + your fix) - not reproducable

buffered randread
(2.6.18) - reproducable
(2.6.20-rc1) - not reproducable
(2.6.20-rc1 + your fix) - not reproducable

So the conclusion: problem with "direct seqread" is fixed by your patch
(thanks!) and
the problem with "buffered randread" was fixed in 2.6.19/2.6.20.

Thanks for cooperation,
Vasily.