[Devel] OpenVZ and Virtuozzo

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Fri Apr 7 09:34:25 PDT 2006

> In my current understanding, Virtuozzo for Linux and OpenVZ is almost same,
> except two points. One is admistration tools. The other is live migration.
Virtuozzo also has much more command line tools, traffic accounting,
bandwidth management, VPS migration, more complicated and efficient
template management and much much more features out of the box. So I
can't say Virtuozzo is the SAME. it is _product_. And OpenVZ is a free core.

> But, OpenVZ will get live migration soon. Right?
yep.

> If so, can I see OpenVZ as free virtuozzo without admin tools
w/o 99% of the tools, SDKs, APIs, documentation, support and so on and
so forth.

> In other words, if you can use command line tools well,
> OpenVZ is very same as virtuozzo, but dont have to pay fee.
> This is right understand?
well, in virtuozzo you have many additional command line tools, so it is
not the same from this point of view I suppose :)

Thanks,
Kirill