[Devel] Broken out patches

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Tue Oct 25 01:26:04 PDT 2005

> Are there any more granular patches than this very grand one available?
1. a bit more granular patches are available in SRC RPM. But these are
drivers only :(
2. they are not publicly available since it is private company CVS.
I think we are to setup git repository in near future. This will make
our developement process much more transparent.

if you are interested in some specific patch or piece of code, we can
extract it for you, though I understand it is not very much convinient
way of doing things.

> http://download.openvz.org/kernel/022stab044.1/patches/patch-022stab044-combined
>
> Have you given any thought to merging some of the functionality from
> your patch back into the mainline kernel?
We always send mainstream fixes to Linus et al.
Other functionality will be definetely sent to mainstream step by step,
but we do not wait it to be an easy and quick task.

Kirill