[Debian] fatal "Cannot allocate memory" when doing "cat /proc/self/mountinfo"

Hubert Krause hubert.krause at inform-software.com
Wed Jan 11 04:17:33 EST 2012

Hi Corin,

Am Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:34:58 +0100
schrieb Corin Langosch <info at corinlangosch.com>:
> on a up-to-date debian squeeze system running a "cat
> /proc/self/mountinfo" inside a guest results in "Cannot allocate
> memory".

I can reproduce the above error message on my Sytem. The system hang
until the erromessage apears. I am running squeeze too and use the
latest Debian OpenVZ Kernel. On our site we use puppet inside openvz
containers too, but no selinux.

Did a facter call lead to discover this bug?

Best regards,

Hubert

--
Dr. Hubert Krause