[Debian] Re: vzctl 3.0.28.3

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Thu Sep 15 02:00:29 EDT 2011

Hi Ahmad

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:35:50PM +0800, Ahmad Zulkarnain wrote:
> I was wondering if there is going to be any updates to the vzctl package
> for debian squeeze any time soon.

The vzctl package will be upgraded to the latest version soon.
However it will not reach squeeze as squeeze is in stable release.
Instead it will be released for sid (unstable). I will build it using
squeeze build machine so if you run i386 you can simply download it
and install on squeeze from sid. However if you run amd64 then you
may need to recompile it.

Maybe I can get it into the volatile archive...

> i am running debian squeeze as a host for my openvz containers and i am
> trying to work with an ubuntu 11.04 container for a project.
>
> http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/vzctl/3.0.28.3

I see. Yes I had problems with ubuntu containers myself. Have you seen
that this version actually solve it. I can not see that described in
the changes on the release page.

Best regards,

// Ola

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /