[Debian] Question about the changed kernel

Ola Lundqvist opal at debian.org
Tue Mar 15 02:50:09 EDT 2011

Hi

You can not install the openvz patched kernel during initial install.
However it is very easy to install it post-install.

apt-get install linux-image-2.6-openvz-686 (if you are using 686 CPU)
apt-get install linux-image-2.6-openvz-amd64 (if you are using amd64 CPU)

And then you need vzctl as well

apt-get install vzctl

Hope this was a good answer for you. There is no need to patch any kernel
as the kernel team have already done that for you. This was even true
for the last stable release. :-)

Best regards,

// Ola

/  opal at debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \