[Debian] Re: Possibility of getting openvz problem included in stable?

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Mon Jun 20 10:52:56 EDT 2011

Hi Maks

Quoting "maximilian attems" <max at stro.at>:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 03:00:57PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>> Hi Maks and Kir
>>
>> Kir: Some updated statement from Maks.
>>
>> Maks: I think one reason for not updating is that the version in
>> Debian stable is usually not updated. So it is hard to tell what
>> revision the Debian kernel team is regarding stable updates.
>>
>> // Ola
>
> that is totally uncorrect.

Well. See below.

> we have pretty much allways synced with available openvz git.
> (see 2.6.26 history and 2.6.32 history)
> uploads are not immediate as we have a different schedule.

I understand that this is the case before the release. However after
the release only security updates are there, unless there is a point
release to be planned. That is at least the case for all other
packages in Debian.

> also please next time do at least the *effort* of asking the openvz
> guys instead of just forwarding my rants on stupid questions. a little
> effort from your side would really be appreciated.

I do not understand this comment actually. I thought you wanted better
support from openvz project. This is what you wrote in the email to
me. Kir is the project manager for that project and the one I'm in
contact with normally.
This is why I asked him to help with what you complained about.

And about stupid question: All I did was to ask a question to you, and
what I got back was a angry email stating that openvz project behaves
badly, and now I get another angry email stating that I have not put
in any effort. I'm sorry if that is the impression you get. Sorry
about that, but I do really not understand what you are so upset about.

If it is so that you do not have time to look into this yourself, I
have no problem if you simply write that. Just let me know that
(without all the angry tone) and I'll try to help as much as I can.

> thanks
>
> --
> maks

it now.

Best regards,

// Ola

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /