[Debian] Re: [klinkov@yandex.ru: Re: 2.6.32-5-openvz: Broken CIFS]

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Thu Feb 10 12:36:53 EST 2011

[ stripping cc's to ml + involved ]

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:16:49PM +0300, Станислав wrote:
> 10.02.2011, 19:12, "maximilian attems" <max at stro.at>:
> > have you tested vanilla 2.6.32 from debian, does that work for you?
> Sorry, but vanilla kernel does not support OpenVZ features, so I doesn't make
> sense to speak about the mentioned bug number 1626.

well you hadn't said that the bug is not openvz specific?

> And what is your conclusion about the CIFS problem? I remind that OpenVZ
> modification of 2.6.32 kernel is shipped with an old version of cifs module,
> being incompatible with mount.cifs userspace utility from Squeeze. At the
> same time vanilla 2.6.32 from debian works allright with cifs. Should I
> describe this bug in Debian's bugzilla?

yes please use reportbug if possible, it tells the maintainer already
some relevant info. Apparently drbd-tools have the same mistake.
wonder how that is possible with such a long freeze.

feel free to cc debian-kernel malinglist on the reportbug.

thank you

--
maks

P.S Don't be to shy to break looooooooooooooong lines from time to time
    with a strooooooong hit on the <enter> key (;