[Debian] Re: pb kernel : kernel 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Thu Sep 16 02:38:23 EDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 09:05 AM, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi Bertrand
>
> I'm now forwarding your email to the openvz project so they can
> answer on that question.
>
> Best regards,
>
> // Ola
>
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 06:20:10PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 04:15:55PM +0200, bertrand wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Mister or Madam,
>>>
>>> I am contacting you today because my company uses servers with a kernel
>>> "kernel 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64".
>>>
>>> We would like to know if this version is stable or not.

OpenVZ position on this -- we do not support "our" 2.6.26 anymore, but
since we support
the Debian version of it in a maintenance mode. That means that no new
features are
going in, but in case there's a serious bug we'll try to get it fixed.
In other words, our policy
is about the same as Ben Hutchings state below. It was announced by
OpenVZ in April:
http://openvz.org/pipermail/announce/2010-April/000126.html

Having said that, I'd recommend you switching to Debian 6.0 / OpenVZ
kernel 2.6.32.