[Debian] Re: unblock request for vzctl

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Thu Sep 16 00:32:05 EDT 2010

Hi julien

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:37:12PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 06:51:55 +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>
> > Hi Julien

> > > Well, kind of, yeah.  If a service can't start for whatever reason then
> > > I don't think it should be ignored and swept under the carpet.
> >
> > Ok. As we have the if statement first on whether it should be started
> > or not it should be safe enough. I have also reviewed so that problems like
> > "already started" is safely ignored already.
> > I have removed the "|| true" part of the code now.
> > Uploaded in 3.0.24-7.
> >
> It's still there in prerm though?

Yes. People should really be able to remove the package regardless of
errors.

> Let me know if you want to upload a -8 for this.  -7 unblocked in the
> mean time.

If you really think it should not be there, then I'll upload -8 as
well, but I'm not sure I wants to. :-)

Thanks a lot for your help in this matter.

Best regards,

// Ola

> Cheers,
> Julien

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /