[Debian] Re: Solution for #576227

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Thu Sep 9 01:59:38 EDT 2010

Hi all

I have now uploaded a new version of vzctl for Debian.

Good signature on ../vzctl_3.0.24-4.dsc.
Uploading to ftp-master (via ftp to ftp-master.debian.org):
  vzctl_3.0.24-4.dsc: done.
  vzctl_3.0.24-4.diff.gz: done.
  vzctl_3.0.24-4_i386.deb: done.
  vzctl_3.0.24-4_i386.changes: done.
Successfully uploaded packages.
Not running dinstall.

This is the changes I have done.

vzctl (3.0.24-4) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Backported solution from upstream to solve the problem with vz
    container reboot and insserv. Closes: #576227. This solution is provided
    by a series of patches. A new vzeventd function is introduced and removes
    the need for cron jobs.
  * Had to run the upstream build commands. Stored in autogen.sh.
  * Now starts after installation as well. But only if the kernel support
    openvz in order to avoid installation failures. Closes: #411902.
  * Use correct install target install-debian instead of install-redhat. This
    introduces a vzufup-post network rule to add arp parameters.
  * Updated the README.Debian file to reflect the recent changes in the
    vzctl package.
  * Backport of solutions in from 3.0.24.1:
     vzmigrate: ignore error 24 from the first rsync run
     vzmigrate: migrate premount/postumount action scripts
     Revert "Check for memory granted by get_dist_name"
     bash_completion: vzlist's stderr goes to /dev/null
  * Backport of solutions in 3.0.24.2:
     Restore vzgetnetdev incompatibility with mawk. Closes: #592991.
     debian-add_ip.sh: fixlet for Ubuntu networking
     vzctl start: do not remove 127.0.0.1 aliases in /etc. Closes: #594003.
     list2str_c produces wrong string when list is empty (data corruption)

 -- Ola Lundqvist <opal at debian.org>  Tue, 08 Sep 2010 22:56:50 +0200

Hope this resolves the most issues we have seen so far. I have
tested it on my server. However I do not have the latest kernel here
so I can not tell if vzeventd works as it should.

I do not know if the WARNING messages in vzeventd should be visible.

malakit:~# /etc/init.d/vzeventd start
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future release.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/display_class, it will be ignored in a future release.
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/pnp-hotplug, it will be ignored in a future release.
FATAL: Module vzevent not found.
Checking vzevent kernel module .....failed

Maybe it is not even vzctl's fault but rather something else.

Best regards,

// Ola

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 04:24:23PM +0400, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> On 09/08/2010 04:13 PM, Thorsten Schifferdecker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Unfortunately I haven't tested in on Debian.
>>>
>> after the next git pulls the test build and deploy on testnode is on the
>> way ...
>>

> Thanks a lot!
> I have also added your patch to vzpid just now.

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /