[Debian] vmlinux?

Thorsten Schifferdecker tsd at debian.systs.org
Wed Sep 8 10:14:07 EDT 2010

Hi Kir,
 @ll,

since the testing branch aka squeeze the vmlinux-... are storged in the
dbg of the limux-image packages only.

linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-686 \
 linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-686-dbg [i386]

linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64 \
 linux-image-2.6.32-5-openvz-amd64-dbg [amd64]

Bye,
 Thorsten

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 16:46:45 +0400, Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Our OpenVZ kernel guys complained to be that Debian kernel packages
> do not contain vmlinux file (which is usually required to debug some
> problem), and there is no way to get one for a given kernel.
>
> I guess they are wrong, but can't prove that. Could you please help
> me with that and point out to a location where we can get vmlinux'es
> for the official debian kernels?
>
> Many thanks,
>
>    Kir.

Thorsten Schifferdecker