[Debian] Solution for #576227

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Tue Sep 7 02:19:24 EDT 2010

Hi Kir

I can see in bugzilla that this is now considered to be solved with
the two following patches:

http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=4cc6257616e1a725650d6b026a42d17cd1c3cce8
http://git.openvz.org/?p=vzctl;a=commit;h=5b35797753892bfa507b2aa0a1207f0c97bba005

These two are rather invasive patches and requires the kernel
to have this support.

I have looked through the patch and can see that the mk_reboot_script
code is now removed in the second patch in script.c.

But do we remove this entry if it already exists and the kernel
support this?

Also, did you get an answer from the Kernel maintainers about
whether they are allowing this to be solved or not?

Also, would anything bad happen in case I apply the patch and the
kernel do not support this new functionality?

In addition it looks like I have a too old version of autoconf.
Can you please send me a patch with the changes after automake run as
well so all the .am file changes take effect? That would help me
quite a lot.

Best regards,

// Ola

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /