[Debian] Re: [max@stro.at: Debian linux-2.6 Paris meeting]

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Fri Nov 12 08:44:39 EST 2010

Hi Maximilian

Just wanted to explain why I asked you privately, and that was to
check the intention of this without starting another flamewar. :-)

Obviously I started a small flame by my intention to not start a big one ;-)

Quoting "maximilian attems" <max at stro.at>:
> Hello Kir,
>
> I am on list and happy to discuss anything on list.
> adding d-kernel on CC to, so that everyone is informed.
> Please Ola, don't send private mails for things that are not private.
>
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 08:34:49AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
>> Quoting "Kir Kolyshkin" <kir at openvz.org>:
>>> Ola,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for letting us know.
>>>
>>> Can you explain what it means "OpenVZ can't anymore do checkpointing
>>> since 2.6.18".
>>
>> I have no clue. I was about to ask you actually if you knew anything
>> about this.
>> I did not attend to that meeting so I have not been part of the discussions.
>
> It is the feedback we get from our users, adding for example
> Dieter on cc.
>
>>> Do you think I should ask Debian kernel people directly?
>
> from several days ago, can't rephrase better:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2010/11/msg00064.html
>
> We highly appreciate the work that was and is been done.
> But newer linux-2.6 offers in tree promising virtualisations.
>
> Also please realise that we are speaking of a linux-2.6 that
> hat not yet released yet - maybe in the neighbourhood of 2.6.40
> for a maybe optimistic 2012 Wheezy release.
> (Squeeze is not released yet..)

My intention was to get a clarification of whether this announcement
was for the future or if it was for the nearest time.

Best regards,

// Ola

> --
> maks

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /