[Debian] Re: openvz kernel for debian squeeze

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Sat Mar 13 00:24:02 EST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

> > tested that current git tree compiles with CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER not set.
>
> Yes. Turn it off for openvz, please, I will fix the Kconfigs accordingly.
ok cool, seen.

> I'll make the defconfig .config compilable, but we'll ship our own one
> anyway. Can you tell me the deadline by what we should resolve all the issues
> with .config?

no deadline yet.

2.6.32.10 will be out soon, didn't check but expect new conflicts.
hope you can merge it in as soon as released.

plan to add the openvz patch in 2.6.32-10 debian package on top
of 2.6.32.10 and then followon with tree until release freeze.
later update for important issues.

current openvz tree fails again to compile for debian config, tried
to place some include <linux/sysfs.h>, but without much luck:
 ERROR: "sysfs_deprecated" [drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.ko] undefined!

> >> b) 2.6.26 legacy setting, is that still relevant?
> >>
> >> # CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IPV6 is not set
>
> The config used will be taken from FC12 (like we did for 2.6.27).
> This particular option will be turned on after I receive fixes for per-ve
> iptables from one of my kernel developers ;)

ok cool.

--
maks