[Debian] Re: OpenVZ and the kernel package

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Wed Jan 14 01:11:11 EST 2009

Hi

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 06:20:39PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> > Thanks Ola, this is much appreciated! I'm adding Dann Frazier who's
> > being prepping the recent kernel stable updates to see when a point
> > update with an ABI bump is planned. There seem to have quite some
> > openvz patches accumulated so which break the ABI.
>
> Maybe we should start a branch to queue up ABI-breakers. There's at
> least one other one (hppa fix to load larger modules such as xfs).

Yes that is probably a good idea. I do not know about your kernel
update procedures, but if you can give me a brief description
(where it is stored, and what kind of version handling system you use)
I can probably help out.

Best regards,

// Ola

> --
> dann frazier

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /