[Debian] Re: OpenVZ and the kernel package

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Mon Feb 16 15:28:07 EST 2009

Hi Dann

Now when Lenny is "out of the door" it is time to start looking for the
ABI breakers... I have located the patch file and I think I have
determine where to change, however I have a few questions:

1) in svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists there is a lenny directory
 that is currently empty. Is this where my changes (when filled) or
 should we continue to develop the sid track?

2) What test procedures do you require for a patch to be applied or
 a change committed? Build, run on target or other?
 Also do you have any recommendation for build test, as my machine
 is not fast enough to build a bunch of kernel versions in a reasonable time frame.

3) What kind of requirements in general do you require on the patches,
 such as change size compared to previous version, similarity to upstream
 or other?

Best regards,

// Ola

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:23:20PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:11:11AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > Hi

> > > Maybe we should start a branch to queue up ABI-breakers. There's at
> > > least one other one (hppa fix to load larger modules such as xfs).
> >
> > Yes that is probably a good idea. I do not know about your kernel
> > update procedures, but if you can give me a brief description
> > (where it is stored, and what kind of version handling system you use)
> > I can probably help out.
>
> Thanks Ola,
>  See: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel
> Specifically the dists subdirectory.
>
> --
> dann frazier

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /