[Debian] Re: Please accept to etch

Steve Langasek vorlon at debian.org
Wed Mar 14 06:04:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:12:42AM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> I have a couple of pacakges that I want to be part of etch:

> * harden (version in unstable now)
>   Translation updates

Accepted.

> * kernel-patch-openvz (version in unstable now)
>   [SECURITY]: Deadlock in mincore (CVE-2006-4814)
>   and a number of other critical fixes

This CVE refers to a kernel bug in Linux 2.4, how does that apply here?

What other "critical fixes" does this include?

At 248kloc, this is far from being a targetted security fix.

> * ntop
>   This has actually been unfrozen, but it has some dependency
>   issue with libgd2. Will it help if I upload this one to
>   etch-proposed-updates?

I don't think it's advisable at this point for us to accept further non-RC
updates through t-p-u, sorry.

> * util-vserver
>   A number of corrections and needed if someone uses the
>   2.6.19 kernel in the future.

I believe this is already unblocked.

vorlon at debian.org                                   http://www.debian.org/