[Debian] Re: Unfreeze of a number of packages

Ola Lundqvist opal at debian.org
Tue Mar 6 01:30:52 EST 2007

Hi

I understand that you do not consider the update of kernel-patch-openvz
to be something that you can unfreeze that easily. I have been in contact
with Luk before and he promised to look at it, so Luk do you have any
other opinion about this?

Here are some arguments that it can be unblocked:
* No other package depends on this package
* Compilation for all supported architectures have been done, except for
  ia64 as I do not have a build host for that arch, more than merulo and
  it need to be in unstable for some time for that.
* Compiled kernel have been regression tested.

Kir, have you some other good arguments or specific error corrections
that you want to point out?

I just know that there are number of nasty bugs that have been corrected in this
version.

Regards,

// Ola

PS. Kir is the project manager for openvz.
DS.

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 11:48:33AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Ola Lundqvist <opal at debian.org> writes:
> > * ntop
> > 	Correction of a crash and japanese translation
> > * cron-apt
> > 	Added missing dependency on cron
> > 	This is an important fix.
> > * dpsyco
> > 	Correction of a very annoying error message
> > * vnc4
> > 	Terminal handling improvement.
> > 	Not that important but useful.
>
> Unblocked.

Thanks for that.

> > * kernel-patch-openvz
> > And finally I would like you to consider to accept the version
> > of kernel-patch-openvz that I have uploaded to experimental.
> > I know that this is a quite big change but there are a number
> > of reasons why it should be done.
>
> I don't think this qualifies for a freeze exception, but maybe another
> release team member has a different opinion.
>
> Marc
> --
> BOFH #200:
> The monitor needs another box of pixels.

/  opal at debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  ola at opalsys.net                     654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://opalsys.net/                 UIN/icq: 4912500         |