[Debian] Re: Request for Debian kernel rejected by kernel team

Ola Lundqvist ola at opalsys.net
Sun Jul 29 16:37:40 EDT 2007

Hi again Kir

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 07:59:57PM +0400, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >After now more than half a year the kernel team have rejected
> >my request to include openvz in the Debian kernel package patchset.
> >Please read more at: http://bugs.debian.org/392015
> >
> >They suggest that we focus on getting it to the upstream kernel
> >tree instead.
>
> Just wonder why this argument is not applied to (at least) linux-vserver
> and xen...

See the answer in the bug number that was added a few minutes ago.
We was not the first... I'm trying to argue. :)

> Anyway, can you suggest something? A petition from Debian users and
> developers? Anything?

Please read the latest arguments in the bug number. Is it possible
to get support from you (the openvz project) for all new versions
of the kernel? I can take a bigger role here, but I want to know that
you have the will to sponsor me as well. :)

> >Do you know how that is going?
>
> We are trying hard to work on that (mainstream integration) but looks
> like it will take a few more years...

Ahh, well. It will probably take some time until next Debian release
as well. At least one year. However as you say years, that may be
longer. :)

Best regards,

// Ola

--