[CRIU] Can CRIU support restore old snapshot after system upgraded

Jun Gan geminijun at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:37:24 MSK 2020

Hi All,

Say I use CRIU dumped a process, then the system upgraded, which means some
shared libraries maybe updated. Then it seems the restore will be failed,
when CRIU found the size of shared library has been changed.

I have a question, the shared library is fully loaded in the memory
already, correct? Is that possible to save that memory, and when restore
just restore the old memory states? For those shared libraries, we don't
need to load them anymore, correct?

--
Jun Gan