[CRIU] Restricting check for Elf files

Pavel Emelyanov ovzxemul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:50:34 MSK 2020

чт, 26 мар. 2020 г., 12:17 <adhitya at iitk.ac.in>:

> Hi everyone,
> I am currently working on restricting checks for ELF files for my GSOC
> project, I have came to the conclusion that we need to add 2 optional
> fields in the regfile.proto
>
> 1) one bool to specify whether one file is an ELF or not.The other a
> string which will comprise of the unique build-id of the Elf file.

You should have a separate sub-object on the reg_file_entry with the list
of integrity hints saved on it. No file type is required in image. On
restore you walk this list and verify all hints are intact.

If you remember what we've discussed, the hints were: size, buildid,
partial checksum.

Not all hints can be present in image, i.e. the are optional.

2)Using the classes of these we will add another condition in the open path