[CRIU] Do we need a pool of maintainers?

Pavel Tikhomirov snorcht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 16:54:05 MSK 2020

пт, 10 янв. 2020 г. в 15:56, Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>:

> On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 10:06:01AM -0800, Andrei Vagin wrote:
> > I have been maintaining the CRIU project for a few years, but I feel a
> > lack of motivation to continue doing this.
>
> Andrei, I think you are doing a very good job to make sure the quality
> of CRIU stays high. Thanks for your work. I am always amazed at what you
> detect in your reviews. I can also understand that at some point it is
> difficult to get motivated.

Totally agree. And also thanks for a great work to Andrei!

> > I don't want to slow down
> > the project, so I think we need to change something. I would like to
> > suggest to switch to a scheme which is used in the runc project:
> > https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/blob/master/MAINTAINERS_GUIDE.md
> >
> > TLTR: A pull request can be merged only if all comments have been
> > resolved and it has been approved by two maintainers.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Great idea! Let's hope that we can keep the quality as high as you did.

Looks good =) Personally I like the Idea of spreading maintainers duty between
several members. I understand that it is hard to review many patches, but I
want to try to participate in this.

Do we plan to have subsystem maintainers or just general maintainers for
everything?

And do we plan to autoassign maintainers to issues on github?