[CRIU] Can we checkpoint and restore several threads of a process separately?

chenjianguo chenjianguo3 at huawei.com
Mon Feb 17 06:06:52 MSK 2020

Dear ALL,

     Can we checkpoint and restore several threads of a process separately?

     Suppose there is an arm64 Linux process. It creates some threads to
interact with the hardware,which we can name bottom soft threads, and
also create some threads to interact with these bottom soft threads,
which we call high soft threads; we want to checkpoint and restore only
high soft threads. can we do it?

     In addition, if the process will be C/R is an ARM64 ILP32 one, do
we need to use the CRIU of ARM64 ILP32?  Do we support CRIU for arm64
ilp32 now?

Best,
Phenix