[CRIU] Issue #339

Zeyad Yasser zeyady98 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:16:50 MSK 2020

Hi Everyone,

I am still new to CRIU, and would like to contribute to this project.
I wanted to ask about the general development workflow for things like
(adding features, debugging, testing, ...etc).

I am also interested in this issue
<https://github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu/issues/339>, it seems that it
is not yet implemented.
I wanted to inquire about a few things, I don't want to waste
your time, so if you could just give me pointers on where to look and I
will figure it out.
What is the difference between (struct unix_sk_desc) and (struct
unix_sk_info) in sk-unix.c
<https://github.com/checkpoint-restore/criu/blob/criu-dev/criu/sk-unix.c>?
Which one is required to be indexed? I am guessing unix_sk_info as it is
used in find_unix_sk_by_ino().
I am also struggling to find the entry point for restoring the unix sockets
and exit point, so that I know where to allocate and deallocate the data
structure respectively.
I think we should keep the linked list as is, in order not to break
anything, and add the pointers to the new data structure.
Should the data structure be generic to be used else where if needed?
Should it be implemented from scratch or could I use a library with an
appropriate license?

Thank you,
Zeyad yasser.