[CRIU] CRIU dump ERROR: No suitable VM found

Maikel Coenen maikel.coenen at nedap.com
Thu Sep 12 12:15:29 MSK 2019

>On 11/09/2019, 13:35, "Dmitry Safonov" <0x7f454c46 at gmail.com> wrote:>
>    Hi Maikel,
>
>    On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 14:13, Maikel Coenen <maikel.coenen at nedap.com> wrote:
>    >
>    > Hi all,
>    >
>    > I’m still porting CRIU to ARMv5 but it is almost finished but I found something weird.
>
>    Nice, waiting for your contributions! :)
>
>    [..]
>    > (00.073129) Error (criu/parasite-syscall.c:521): No suitable VM found
>    > (00.073187) Error (criu/cr-dump.c:1280): Can't infect (pid: 2276) with parasite
>
>    [..]
>    > Why is it failing to get the start of the VM, as far as I can see, the maps file looks correct?
>
>    You probably want to check if the task_size detection is correct.

Ok, did two checks and found something weird...

On one testsystem I'm running a version of Linux exactly the same as the other but with init.d as initialization manager.
This system successfully dumps a process with following task_size:

Task size 3204448256

Which is, when converted to hex, is the maximum task_size it can takes:

#define TASK_SIZE_MAX       0xbf000000

On the second system, I switched to systemd (which is preferred) but the above problem occurs.
During dump, the function compel_task_size() isn't executed before the error.

Of course, the switch from init.d to systemd is not only affecting the initialization but probably also some other processes which maybe can cause the problem?