[CRIU] Another question / roadblock

Eliot Moss moss at cs.umass.edu
Tue Oct 15 04:49:31 MSK 2019

Now that I have figured out how to adjust file lengths before invoking
restore, I have another "interesting" issue.

My jobs have one part that is some layers of shell script that bottoms out
with an invocation of valgrind, which produces output to a named pipe (fifo).
Then they have another part that reads from the named pipe, sends the output to
about 8 analysis programs, compresses their output, etc.

This second part is created, and then disowned with the shell disown command.

Applying dump to the first part does not capture the second part.  So my
question is, how do I capture both parts?

(Explanation: I did things this way so that the analysis jobs don't die
when the valgrind jobs finishes, but finish reading from the fifo and
processing the buffered data.)

Regards - Eliot