[CRIU] Welcome aboard!

Pavel Emelianov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Tue May 7 16:54:07 MSK 2019

Abhishek,

Let me first congratulate you on being accepted to this year's GSoC project :)

Please meet Andrey and Mike, they will be helping me drive the pre-dump rework
during this summer.

According to your plan, the upcoming 3 weeks you're about to spend learning the
code, the CRIT tool and getting familiar with the patch/PR submission process, so
my question is -- is everything going fine with that?

Also, as the project is about pre-dump, you should know how to do the pre-dump
itself :) I suggest you to prepare an experimental stand that does this:

a) launch a zdtm test by name
b) do some pre-dump steps on it
c) do the final dump
d) try to restore from the images
e) check the restore was OK

i.e. -- a light version of live-migration. You can pick the test/jenkins/criu-pre-dump.sh
script as a source of inspiration and make it work from plain shell (not from jeknins
piplines). Having this stand at hands we will be able to compare the correctness and
efficiency of your changes.