[CRIU] [GSoC 2019] Interested in CRIU project

Adrian Reber areber at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 16:53:25 MSK 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:40:02PM +0000, Pavel Emelianov wrote:
> On 3/15/19 9:20 AM, James Cui wrote:
> > So the conclusion is to put code into go-criu and reimplements functionality in criu/lib/py right?
>
> Well, hopefully Adrian supports me on this -- yes put the code into go-criu, but keep the
> existing py code to let other people work on the anonymizing images task. If we find out
> we have time in summer to move even the new code -- we'll slightly correct the plan.

Totally agree.

> > Also are there any code that I'd better to look at in go-criu to prepare this project?
>
> Adrian?

Not sure I totally get that question. If it is about existing code in
co-criu, there is not much code besides the RPC definition, the version
check and the p-haul Go implementation.

If it is about similar code, there is something in LXD and it is
mentioned on the CRIU GSoC topic wiki page. That would probably be a
good start.

There is also the Python implementation which is the current reference
implementation.

		Adrian