[CRIU] GSoC 2019 application

Kirill Kolyshkin kolyshkin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:34:57 MSK 2019

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 00:49, Harshavardhan Unnibhavi <hvubfoss at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have built criu. But while running tests, I get an error as follows:
>
> ./zdtm.py run -a --parallel 2
> ./zdtm.py:21: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour
> of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
>   import imp
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'umount2'.  Stop.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./zdtm.py", line 2304, in <module>
>     tst.available()
>   File "./zdtm.py", line 566, in available
>     subprocess.check_call(["make", "umount2"])
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 347, in check_call
>     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
> subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['make', 'umount2']' returned
> non-zero exit status 2.
> Makefile:23: recipe for target 'zdtm' failed
> make[2]: *** [zdtm] Error 1
> Makefile:7: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> Makefile:294: recipe for target 'test' failed
> make: *** [test] Error 2
>
> Is it because of the absence of a make rule in the test/Makefile ? Will
> adding a make target and rule for umount2 help in the Makefile?

make has lost of implicit rules, including something like %: %.c (meaning
if you run "make woo" it will look for woo.c).

It works for me:

$ make umount2
cc -D_GNU_SOURCE    umount2.c   -o umount2
$ make --version
GNU Make 4.1
Built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Can you please provide the output of the above two commands?