[CRIU] github pull-requests

Radostin Stoyanov rstoyanov1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:06:29 MSK 2019

On 12/02/2019 18:20, Andrei Vagin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:16 AM Radostin Stoyanov <rstoyanov1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Good question! Could you spend a few minutes and look how it is handled
>>> in other projects? ;)
>> I think that "Approve changes" is the closes to Acked-by or Reviewed-by
> "Approve changes" are not saved in the git history, are they?
No, they are not. Looking at this guide:
https://github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/COLLABORATOR_GUIDE.md

the answer is: Never use GitHub's green "Merge Pull Request" button.

* The "Create a merge commit" method will add an unnecessary merge commit.

* The "Squash and merge" method will add metadata (the PR #) to the
commit title. If more than one author has contributed to the PR,
squashing will only keep the most recent author.

* The "Rebase and merge" method has no way of adding metadata to the commit.