[CRIU] GSoC: optimize logging engine

Anastasia Markina asyamarkina2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 17:49:24 MSK 2019

Hello! I've finalized my work for the GSoC project as a patch, attached to
this message. As before, it is also available in my github repo,
https://github.com/anastasiamarkina/criu/tree/nastya-flog2

The next part is a fragment of binlog.txt file included into the patch,
which explains how to use it:

USAGE: TURNING ON BINARY LOGGING

Classical text logging is done by default.
Binary logging is turned on by the --binlog command line parameter.
It should be combined with --log-file filename parameter to specify the log
file name (this second parameter is used with both text and binary logging).

The example:

criu --log-file /tmp/sdf.bin --binlog check

USAGE: READING BINARY LOG FILE

There is a --print-log parameter which turnes criy into a log reader.
It should be combined with --log-file filename parameter, which specifies
the log file name. When these parameters are used, CRIU prints all messages
from the binary log file on the screen and exits. This looks as follows:

criu --log-file /tmp/sdf.bin --binlog --print-log

P.S. Thank you for the possibility to work with the project!