[CRIU] [V2,5/6] Android NDK: necessary Makefile changes

Zhang, Ning A ning.a.zhang at intel.com
Wed Apr 3 05:17:12 MSK 2019

Hi, Dmitry

    I have read your reviews on my patches, thank you, but only receive
review letter for patch 3,4. and I see your review comments. So start a
new email thread to discuss: https://patchwork.criu.org/patch/10373/

you said:

    I wonder if it's just one function, can we rather add an extern
    declaration
    for it? I think, removing the warnings is a bit too big hammer here.
    In my point of view, the flag is valuable as it results in cleaner
    includes
    and also provides warning on compile-time rather than an error on
    linking.

Not just one single function, they are aio*, fanotify_init,
fanotify_mark, pivot_root, and index. Android NDK also doesn' have
aio.h, fanotify.h. (CRIU has pivot_root function declaration in
mount.h). we can create new aio.h, fanotify.h and related functions
implements as new external dependents. but for index function, it
should be in strings.h, Android NDK has this header file, but it
doesn't define this fucntion.

one suggestion is follow pivot_root in CRIU, add index function
declaration in criu/config.c, do you agree?

Or I can update my build_criu.sh, so no need to change CRIU source
code.

BR.
Ning.