[CRIU] netlink problems

andi andi.platschek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:57:57 MSK 2018

Hi,

I am trying to install criu on an aarch64 board -- I am certain I had it running 5-6 month back,
but I using a slightly different environment now (upgraded from yocto krogoth to rocko) but still with
the same kernel (4.9).

I've tried criu versions 3.4, 3.5, 3.8 and 3.9, and all of them result in the following
error messages (2214 is the simple_loop example from https://criu.org/Simple_loop):

root at rwzweicab4g:/uploads# criu dump -t 2214 --leave-running -j -D /tmp/dump
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)

It's also see the same error if do a criu check:

root at rwzweicab4g:~# criu check
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Error (criu/libnetlink.c:27): ERROR -2 reported by netlink (No such file or directory)
Looks good.

Does anyone have an idea what I am missing here!?

many thanks!
andi