[CRIU] problem with CRIU

Marco BROCANELLI brok at wayne.edu
Fri Oct 12 23:30:28 MSK 2018

Hi,
I have installed CRIU (v. 3.6) and run the check. Here are the results:

  *   “criu check” -> looks good
  *   “criu check --extra” -> looks good
  *   “criu check --all” -> “Warn  (criu/cr-check.c:1029): CRIU built without CONFIG_COMPAT - can't C/R ia32. Looks good but some kernel features are missing which, depending on your process tree, may cause dump or restore failure.” How do I fix this? I run the zdtm test and got “The kernel is tainted:..” Do I get the warning from criu check –all because my kernel is tainted?

I have been trying to checkpoint and restore but at the time of the restore I always get the error: “Error response from daemon: failed to retrieve OCI runtime container pid:…”

Are the two problems related? I followed the example available here for the checkpointing: https://criu.org/Docker

The experimental feature is enabled in both client and server. The checkpoint file is correctly created. However, I have also noticed that the looper in the example does NOT stop after issuing the command “docker checkpoint create looper checkpoint1”. According to the above guide it should stop, right?

Can you please help me debug this?

I am running on Ubuntu 18.04 (running via Parallels on MacOS). CRIU version: 3.6. Docker version: “Version: 18.06.1-ce , API version: 1.38”.

Thank you so much for any suggestions,
Marco

Marco Brocanelli, Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor,