[CRIU] CRIU and GO

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Fri Oct 5 23:01:05 MSK 2018

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 03:11:25PM -0700, Andrei Vagin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 12:40 PM Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 05:37:25PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > OK, let me prepare something and I will post it here for review.
> >
> > I am looking at the phaul GO implementation and I think it would make
> > sense to include it into the CRIU GO bindings repository. Because it is
> > kind of the reference implementation/user for the go bindings right now
> > and would be a good test case. Would you rather keep it in the criu
> > repository? If necessary we could pull in the CRIU GO bindings
> > repository in CRIU during travis tests.
>
> If we are going to move the go library into a separate repo, I would
> say that we have to create a separate repo for the phaul library too.

A question about the license. CRIU is either GPLv2 or LGPL. Do we want a
more GO language ecosystem compatible license like Apache 2.0 or BSD-3 for
the GO bindings. According to git following people have made changes to
the GO bindings and phaul:

Jacob Wen <jian.w.wen at oracle.com>
Andrei Vagin <avagin at virtuozzo.com>
Pavel Emelyanov <xemul at virtuozzo.com>

Would all of you agree to relicense the GO bindings under a more
permissive license like Apache 2.0 or BSD-3?

		Adrian